As RFID technology has matured over the years, there has been a change in the preliminary questions that users ask about the technology. Rather than inquiring if RFID is right for them, retailers and industrial clients want to know how they can fast track implementation because they realize that RFID can provide a strong competitive advantage.
This column looks at six ways companies can bring their RFID implementations live and realize ROI more quickly.
– Tip 1: Get stakeholders, especially end users, involved early.
– Tip 2: Define a few outcomes
– Tip 3: Bound the pilot scope and time
– Tip 4. Put boots on the ground.
– Tip 5. Communicate milestones and deliverables.
– Tip 6. It’s all about the data – and how stories are communicated.